Saturday, April 18, 2009

Domain Names?

I checked with whois.com and saw that my domain name is already expired I don%26#039;t want to renew with my current registrar because they are overpriced, how come I can%26#039;t register/renew my domain name with other registrars if it is already expired?





Also is it possible to register my domain name with 1 company and have it hosted by another company?? because I want to go with the company that offers the cheapest domain name registration fees and those that offer the cheapest hosting fees





Is it possible to come up with my own domain name registration and web hosting site (not a reseller)





If I have intermediate knowledge in computer (I am not a computer programmer) - can I be a web host reseller? I understand the business concept but if technical problems arises I wouldn%26#039;t know how to solve it.
Domain Names?
If your domain name is in the expiration process you can not transfer registrars. This is an ICANN rule not the registrars. If you want the name renew it as quickly as possible before it completes the expiration process and becomes available for anyone to register.





After you have renewed the name you can transfer it to any registrar you want.





Yes it is possible and very common to register your domain name with one company and have it hosted by another.





To establish your own domain name registration and web hosting site (not a reseller) is possible however it would be very expensive.





To become a reseller is easy and requires no technical knowledge, the company you are selling for will provide all the customer service and tech support. You are basically promoting their products and services and receiving a commission on sales.
Domain Names?
You can transfer your existing domain if its not released. If it is released by the current registerar then you may register a new domain from goDaddy.





You don%26#039;t need much knowledge if you want to become a reseller. Try hostgator reseller hosting. They will create your reseller site easily.





Regards


Shishir Gupta


http://www.salahsoftware.com

vb

No comments:

Post a Comment