Saturday, April 18, 2009

If you have oscommerce knowledge, please help!?

I have a huge problem: I had an oscommerce site for 9 months, and now I want to make a lot of improvements on it to make it work. it includes blog, newsletter sign up, web site frame change and easier navigation, more payments options. I have contacted 5 web designers so far, and all of them are saying that this site is done, it will be too expensive to fix it as it has a lot of bugs (70 found) and that I will be better of to have a jshop instead of oscommerce or generally ecommerce. I had a look at prices of jshop and general ecommerce, and it costs a lot, around 拢3000... i dont know what to do as it is too much. Please advise me on that.





p.s. i was given a cheaper option by my web hosts to buy another new oscommerce site which is EROTICCATdotCOdotUK . is it any good?
If you have oscommerce knowledge, please help!?
If you want to do that, why not have a look at cube cart which is much easier to customise that oscommerce because the templates are very easy to edit. You can easily change the colours, layout, nav etc and if you have the php skills to be able to write your own modules, its very easy to add these things to it although you do get a newsletter sign up as std on cube cart. Why would you want to make a blog on your shop though?
If you have oscommerce knowledge, please help!?
ALL off-the-shelf ecommerce are designed for non-programmers, are not easily configurable and introduce many bugs!


If you want an ecommerce, you need to use a real programmer knowing HTML, Java, PhP, MySQL, informed about PayPal, Worldpay or other credit card processors, and used to something like Photoshop and Flash for the %26quot;garnitures%26quot; (the pretty things).


It takes about a full week to set-up the skeleton of an ecommerce (a catalogue, a basket, a cashpoint, a link to CC processing, email confirmations etc).


I have replaced many off-the-shelf ecommerce with simple and easy to maintain websites.


The biggest I made had 5000 items in stock (with full stock control)... and I charged a happy 1300 Euros...


Drop me a line at jrc at skytargets dot com and give me your website: I%26#039;ll tell you what%26#039;s the best option.


(sorry, I am preaching for my own church here, but I have seen so much crap on the web...)

sunburns

No comments:

Post a Comment